Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkins

We finally did it! I wasn't sure it was going to happen. I had fun, not so sure about everyone else but I really enjoy pumpkin carving every year.
Jackie and Tayler, serious and probably racing to see who could get done first! Emma working away and of course George coming up with a new pattern, not in our books and Me just having fun.

George's pumpkin lit up inside, then I was off to boot camp and George and Tayler went and got candles so we could enjoy our hard work ;)
Jackie did the smiley face at the top, George did the scary face, I did the spider, Emma did the trees and owl, and Tayler did the electric face at the bottom.

6 comments:

Grandpa Sid said...

Really Great Pumpkins Guys!

Tina said...

The pumpkins look awesome! Looks like you had fun!

Rachel said...

Really great pumpkins!! I dread carving them. We did our last weekend, and I could only handle the commotion (from David) long enough for me to "gut" two pumpkins, and for David to "carve" them. I use the word carve loosely. It was more of a masacre. Please come to my house next year & show us how it's done. :)

Snap said...

Those are awesome!

Thanks for the advice on the sick remedy. I'll have to check it out.

Lora said...

Rachel,

You need to buy a kit. Ours came with the patterns and some little tiny knives, kind of like saws. You can also get patterns online, but you definitely need the little knives. Then follow the instructions :) Kind of like paint by numbers but for carving pumpkins.....very easy and fun!

Rachel said...

We actually had the little kits. But David had the pumpkins done so fast (by other methods) that I didn't even get a chance to use the kit. Next year he isn't invited to my pumpkin carving party...but you still are. ;)