Saturday, March 29, 2008

Shocked

As you all know I work at alot of different dealerships, well we just started working at a dealership that sales the smart car. They have already sold their allotment of these cars for the 2008 model year.

What kind of gas mileage would you want to get before you would strap yourself into an aluminum can and head down the road? 60 mpg? 80 mpg? Would you settle for a measly 40? I am soooo shocked that that is all it gets, and I am shocked that lots of people would buy them.

Ok that is one thing I find shocking, now for my next shocking thing. Meth users just recently ripped up our communities comcast cable hoping to find copper!!! It angers me and shocks me that someone could be that desperate don't get me wrong it also makes me happy that I don't get it, but seriously if some scary dude or dudette comes to a recycler with a bunch of wire, shouldn't there be some way that people have to prove where the wire came from? Or maybe have a waiting period on the money or have to have a drivers license and if there is a record they can't have the cash? Or take a drug test before they fork the money over to them? It is bad enough that we can't get the good decongestants any more and now anything copper needs to be guarded by a gun toting security person, it just makes me wonder whats next with these drug users, good grief!!

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Disgusting! All of it.

I knew that the 'smart' car was for a bunch of 'dumb' drivers. Global warming is this centuries snake oil. creating fear in the masses, without solid proof, and profiting from it under the guise of salvation. If religion had such believers...

Drug users/pushers of meth are such an epidemic on society. The ease and inexpense to produce their product verse growing/trafficing drugs the 'old fashioned way' is the crux of the matter. The 'few' bad apples are making life for the rest of us decent, hardworking people difficult.

Oh, I'll get off my box... but I'm right there with you.

~Stacey

P.S. Yeah, I'm jealous (Easter) I was sailing RS all on my own. Having a cold would be less stressful for sure. Although, it wouldn't be over in an hour! Bummer. Okay, maybe not so jealous. Hope you feel better soon!

The two old crows said...

yep there are a lot of weirdos out there.

The two old crows said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelli said...

Since Mike is an electrician they have people that steal their copper wire all the time. The found one guy living in a field by one of their job sites and he would sneak in every night and steal whatever wire wasn't locked up, and if there were any wires that weren't live yet but pulled and ready to be hooked up, he would cut those off and take them too. There are a lot of crazies out there!

Tina said...

Interesting . . . I haven't heard about the copper thing . . .

I did hear about the decongestant thing though . . . here in Maryland we have to sign away our lives for some cold medicine. In Utah it was still available on the shelves. I was shocked!!

When we were in Hawaii the last time, there were some cute little cars that were suppossed to get unbelievable gas mileage. I don't know why they don't sell them in the mainland . . . Lincoln is driving a little Miata that gets him 30 mpg and it is an old thing . . . 1992 . . . we only paid 1200 bucks for it. It runs great and is a fun little car!!

I love soap boxes!!! You can rant all you want.

Love ya!

happy mom said...

oh now I get it! good thing I finally got to your blog to check out the post.