Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dirty word

Over my lifetime I have found one word that strikes fear in me to my very core. CANCER! I hate that word. I hate what it means and what it does to people and families.

Today my Dad is going to have his prostate removed. I just want to cry. I know he will be ok and that it is a very curable cancer but I hate it just the same. Today will be filled with praying and distractions.

Silver lining: I have seen amazing miracles where cancer is involved. My amazing sister who is one of the strongest people I know has beaten cancer and I am so thankful she did, life wouldn't be the same without her or any of my family. I am so very thankful for family.

4 comments:

Tina said...

We wish your dad the best, and will pray for him. I know you are probably scared to death, but things will work out how they are suppossed to. Life throws us these curve balls, if it didn't we wouldn't need to be here . . . . my heart goes out to you and your family.

Stacey said...

Yuck, I hate that word too. I'm so glad that there are really smart cookies out there that spend their life in the pursuit of saving others. Hope all goes well with your dad!

~Stacey

happy mom said...

you should see Dad now, you wouldn't even think he just had surgery, he is doing great. love ya

Natti said...

I have to agree CANCER is definitely a dirty word!

I lost my best friend, brother, a cousin I can never replace to a LONG battle of (many different types) caner. He would have turned 26 this year and had so much to offer this world! I will forever miss him but I am grateful for the fact that I know I will see him again.

Anytime I hear that word it brings sadness to my heart. I'm grateful they were able to catch it in time and take care of Grandpa's cancer before it got worse. He's a great man and such a LOVING Grandpa! I'm happy to be in such a great family!