Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Olympic National Forest

 January 29th Hope, Emma and I went to the Olympic National Forest also known as the Olympic Peninsula.  We have lived in the Northwest for 10 years and haven't ever made it to this part of Washington.
 It was so beautiful, the drive along the Hood canal was relaxing. I could just imagine a pod of whales swimming in the canal.   We stopped for some breakfast and the lady in the restaurant said that Orca's do swim into the Hood canal.  It would have been fun to see.
 We stopped at Crescent lake, there was a Pier and a older looking lodge that was so quaint.  There was a couple getting old timey engagement photo's while we were there.  I'm sure they turned out beautiful.
Emma taking cool photo
Forks Washington was a must, I thought it was funny they have capitalized on the Twilight movies so much even though that is the only reason we went there hahaha.


It was a little cold, a little rainy but a fun quick trip.  I will add it to my "want to go back" list.

No comments: