Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring Break, Fort Stevens

 I am friends with a group of people who love to go camping.  Just before spring break there were some openings in some yurts at Fort Stevens.  They invited us and I debated for some time about going because it is cold and rainy here.....how much fun can you have when it's cold and raining?  So we went. I have to admit, it was so so cold and it was really wet the first night and I had to work really hard on not being so cranky that I ruined the "fun" for everyone, but during the day when we went for bike rides and it felt warmer it really was fun :)  The trails were nice and relaxing and the Fort is full of history, and with this bunch of kids there was never a dull moment :)  I'm glad I went but I think I might wait for the summer camping trips next time.....who am I kidding, I went for Emma this year and if we get invited again I'm sure I will go for Emma again.  That girl can talk me into almost anything and apparently almost freezing to death is one of them :)

Emma and Tayler Young, Emmilee Woodward

3 comments:

Tina said...

Glad you kept yourself under control!!!! ;) We froze at spring break too. Today it was 97. Yikes!!!!

Fun to have a group of friends to do things with.

Tina said...

Glad you kept yourself under control!!!! ;) We froze at spring break too. Today it was 97. Yikes!!!!

Fun to have a group of friends to do things with.

Grandpa Sid said...

You stayed in a Yurt? and didn't take pix! Hmmmmmmmmmm