Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Seaside

Lora and Emma
 My Parents just treated us to 8 glorious days at Seaside Oregon.  It was fabulous, relaxing, sunny but not too sunny, practically perfect in every way (it would have been perfect but someone was missing).
Ada and Lora
 We found the perfect hat, there is this little hat store that we love to go to whenever we are at Seaside.
Emma and Jocelyn
 We played on the beach and swam in the pool almost everyday.  We went for long walks and even rented one of those big bikes that can hold 9 people, it was fun!  Exhausting but fun :)
Don, Emma, Hope
 Everyone rode the carousel :)  Well almost everyone :)
Hope, Tayler, Emma and Lora
 We spent one day in Astoria.  We climbed the Astoria Column.  I think it is 264 steps.  We were lucky and it was clear and beautiful.  Didn't spend a lot of time there it was super packed.  Hardly room to stand for very long.
We (my sisters and I) wanted to find the Goonie house.  They gave us a map at the column.  Took us right to it.  Doesn't look like I remember it looking in the movie lol.  We did go back to the resort and watch Goonies just to see :)
 Just around the corner from the Goonie house was the Elementary School where Kindergarten Cop was filmed.  It does look like this in the movies :)
Back row: Heidi and Judy.  Front Row: Lora, Amanda, Don, Jocelyn
 On our way back to Seaside we stopped at Fort Stevens.  My Dad had so much information. This Jeep is exactly like the one he used to drive when he was in the Army.  He drove a General around I do believe he said.  He said he was a great man.
Heid, Lora, Judy, Ada and Don
 Lot's of area to run and check out things.  It was a good place to get some energy out for everyone and I liked hearing my Dad's stories and rereading information.
Lora and Emma
 Emma wanted me to give her a piggy back ride and i said I would if she gave me one.  We thought it was funny to see how close my feet are to the ground lol.  I was impressed she could hold me!
Don, Heidi, Judy, Lora
 Our last night we had to go for one last walk on the promenade.  It was warm and beautiful, we had such a great time.  I have been so blessed with my wonderful family.  I love my sisters!  They are my best friends and I always look forward to seeing them and spending time with them!  I love love love my parents, I love that I can see them  in me and I would like to think that I am the good from them both, they have taught me so much and they continue to do so.  I just can't say it enough, they are the best!
Goodbye Seaside, until next time :)

4 comments:

The two old crows said...

What a neat way to spend time with your family. You do have a great family!!!!

Tina said...

Family time is the best! At the seaside with family is even better!!!!!

Jackie said...

I need to see the column when it is clear like that! looks beautiful!

Bainter Family Antics said...

Oh my goodness, I miss you all so much!! Emotions high on my end.