Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Grandma and Grandpa Young


June 4th, 2014
Today is THE day! I was heading on a hike with my sister when Jackie called me and said maybe I shouldn't. I zoomed to her house as fast as I could and when I got there she was progressing :)  We waited for about an hour or so and then she decided she wanted to have it confirmed that she really truly was in labor. We got there and they watched her for about an hour and ran a test. Sure enough it was real :)
Jackie feeling good with an epidural :)

They checked her around 12:30 or so and did a "practice" push. Then all the rushing around started.  The Doctor came and Jackie was ready. He was born at 1:13.  Jackie did such an amazing job.
It was such an honor and a privilege to see Dallin be born.  To witness the miracle of life from a Grandmas point of view, I really don't have words for it.

Tyler and Jackie are going to be such amazing parents.  They are so sweet to each other and with each other, Dallin is definitely a lucky little guy. He is very very loved.
George was so excited to be there that he pretty much jumped on the first flight he could get on.  He flew in around 8 and we hurried back to the hospital.

 It really is true!  There is nothing like being a Grandparent :)

2 comments:

The two old crows said...

I loved being a grandparent and now I love being a great grandparent. Instant love it is!!!

Tina said...

Grandparenthood looks great on you two!