Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

This year I feel very Martha Stewarty, we actually made our pie crusts and the filling except the pumpkin, if I ever bake a pumpkin and scrap all the pumpkin off the shell and make a pie that way I will be as shocked as the rest of you. For now though this was a huge accomplishment for us and so I need to post. Jackie is the crust lady, culinary is teaching her more than she will get from her dear ole' Mom.

We did our first ever George and Lora family Thanksgiving, every thing was wonderful. We did Ham and twice baked potatoes, stuffing, jello yummy potato rolls (no I didn't make the rolls either, that will be another shocker :)), and salad and all of that stuff. Then of course we gorged ourselves on the pumpkin, apple, banana cream pie and pecan cheesecake YUMMY!! It was a great day and we had a lot of fun playing games and spending time together.


3 comments:

The two old crows said...

wow you out did yourself. The pies look great and the meal sounds delicious.

happy mom said...

that all looks and sounds so good! I love it! I bet you had a great time, I wish we would have been with you! We had a great time too, and I was just thinking that I needed to post something but couldn't remember what! he he he.

I think the pumkin part is easier than the crust part.

How fun, and your first! where is your family picture!

Stacey said...

Yummy! Homemade pies are the best and yeah, you take the 'pie' this year. I didn't make a single one. I suppose the Cheesecake one is all gone by now? Glad you had a great Thanksgiving together, being able to relax and enjoy eachothers company without the 'are we there yets' that usually accompy the holiday. What's your crust, Jackie? ~Stacey