Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's raining, it's pouring.....

I got a call today from Judy, wondering if we are floating away or not, so I thought I better let you all know what's going on.

Friday we got snow, I already told you that,well friday night it started raining, then it started pouring, then some old man started snoring :) (sorry couldn't stop myself :)) It rained hard all day saturday and on sunday so that monday lots of places started flooding. So Stacey if you were still here you wouldn't have been able to leave your house at all and if Dave was at work he wouldn't have made it home with out trying to drive through a river. They sent kids home from Dilley early and those that didn't leave with the buses had to be transported out by I think National Guard? So lots of water everywhere, by far the most water we have seen since we moved here.

The important news is that we are all ok and that the flood hasn't hurt us at all, the kids didn't have school today, and we didn't work yesterday, other than that life goes on for us. Lots of people did get flooded and I have heard they are getting help, that is good and hopefully they can get things cleaned up. Hopefully this is the only really bad weather for the winter.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Holy Cow! I can just imagine how bad Dilley is flooded. It scared me going through the water just going home from your house between the backside of Hines. It doesn't have to be very deep to push your car. Glad you all are okay, high and dry, in FGH. Devin was bummed that he didn't get to skip school! lol Row, Row, Row your boat! ~Stacey

young family said...

Hey Stacey,

We drove over that bridge by winco and the water was right up under the bridge, have you ever seen the water that high there before? I'm just amazed! So much water. Scary.

happy mom said...

wow, since I don't watch the news, and I don't know what is going on in the world around me, I am glad that someone was keeping up, and that you let us know that you are okay. crazy weather, be careful driving on bridges that are not much above the water below.