Saturday, May 10, 2008

Track and Field

Here she is throwing discus.

Below Jackie is getting ready for the 4x100 relay. Second lane.
Jackie did track and field this year. She threw discus, and ran the 100 meter and the 4x100 meter relay. Yesterday they were in Canby all day for the JV Districts. Jackie didn't get a chance to do the 4x1 because the starting girl disqualified with an early start. She stood there wondering what was going on, there were so many people she couldn't tell what had happened. Hope was a manager and went along to all the track meets also. Maybe next year she will compete? Now that it is all over Jackie is lost and confused and doesn't know what to do with herself.
Her PR (personal records) are......
100 meters - 14.62 seconds
Discus - 57' 7.5
4x100 relay (at another meet) - All together they got 59.63 (Not bad for only a few minutes of practicing. The coaches threw their team together at the last minute.)
The throwing coach also made her try shot, and javelin. She said they were hard and she didn't like them much. she got 16 feet for shot, and 33.5 feet for the javelin.

7 comments:

The two old crows said...

That is soooo Cool. A girl after my own heart. In the 9th and 10th grade at Murray I did track also. I did relay and the hurtals.

Stacey said...

Rock on, Girlfriend!! I ran one year of track and hated it... never turned in your numbers either. Sorry your teammate 'goofed' and caused such a hassle. Hopefully next year will be better and not so last-minute. Awesome Jackie!!

~Stacey

Barney Family Blog said...

Way to go Jackie! That stinks you didn;t get to run your relay. I would have been confused too, I always have to have Tyler explain all the rules to me about those kind of things. Hope looks beatiful in her prom dress too!

Tina said...

Way to go Jaqueline!!!

Jewels Rules said...

YAY!! I love it.. I love track it was one of my favorites.. I loved Cross Country more but track was such a blast.. I did it all four years and did the hurdles and the both of the long runs but after I started having heart issues they made me quit the long runs and so I started throwing but I didn't really like it I only through the shot put and I think my best was like 34' it was always really intimidating though because a lot of big samoan girls through and man those girls would get it like over 45 feet.. yikes!! One year at state track the girl starting our 4x400 relay false started it is not good, but way to go Jack.. I'm so excited I hope you stick with it.. You Rock!!

Anonymous said...

I loved track back in the day. Jackie, you are doing awesome! Keep it up!

Lora, thanks for your posts! I love reading them! It's so fun to get to know you and your family on another level!

happy mom said...

you're an athlete, Jackie. How fun! you go girl