Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Last night

Yesterday was around 100 degrees, and since that doesn't happen very often it kind of has a bad effect on us. We all feel like we are melting. I know in Utah we were hot and lots of times hotter than this but I think that is the key, if you are hot all the time you just deal with it. If one week the temps are in the 60's and the next week in the 100's and then cooling off to the nice high 70's low 80's it kind makes it hard to adjust. Who am I kidding we are just big babies :)

Anywho Sid called George to see if we would like to go swimming in the Wilson River, we have talked about doing this before just never have. The problem was that Tuesday night is our mutual night :( So we split, George took Jackie, Tayler and Emma with him (yes that is right two of my kids missed their activities), and I took Hope and went to the lake with the YW. It was a lot of fun, all I did was sit on the shore and watch the girls have fun, so my night was pretty stress free.

Sid on the other hand had to jump in the river and save Sunny and Charles. I am kind of glad I missed the whole scary thing, but it all worked out well and George was getting ready to jump in if Sid needed him. After that scare they just used life jackets. Sid told us it probably didn't scare us as bad because we couldn't tell what they were saying (they speak Korean) so he knew they were in trouble long before everyone else. All in all it sounds like a pretty place to go play so we will have to go back.

5 comments:

Jennilin said...

Soooo, I guess Sunny and Charles about drowned? SCARY! I'm glad everyone is okay.

Stacey said...

Wow... rivers, lakes, big bodies of water. My kids are going to be in their lifejackets for the next three days straight at Lucky Peak, just so we don't experience anything nearly as heart-pounding.

Everything ended well, thank heavens for that.

~Stacey

The two old crows said...

Sounded like fun anyways. Lucky the two guys know how to swim and Sid knows Korean.

Barney Family Blog said...

I wish I was back in those mild Oregon summers. It has been over 100 degrees here for two weeks straight. Having the river and lake so close is a great way to cool off though.

By the way I totally agree with your texting post. You are a great mother! Your girls might now appreciate you now, but they will!! The world definately needs more parents like you around!It no wonder your YW president.

happy mom said...

So everyone still went swimming? am I confused? why did you split if you were all doing the same thing? also please actually share the saving sunny story okay? thanks,