Tuesday, March 24, 2009

?

What to blog about, that seems to be what I think about a lot. Especially after reading every ones blogs.

I have ran dry. I haven't even wanted to do flashback Fridays or anything.

Emma told me yesterday that I need to blog, so here it goes.

As of this week I have I have been trying to play Guitar Hero. For some reason my mind and my hands are not coordinated. I may have to play "easy" forever. I wonder if this will up my brain age.

I am learning how to knit. My girls have really taken off with this and made some amazing things. I am making a dish cloth and am afraid that is taking me too long. I might have to knit on "easy" forever also, not so sure if this will help my brain age.

Some ladies in my ward are playing volleyball a couple of times a month. I figure the more I move maybe the more I'll lose, ha ha. It is fun though and I have enjoyed it and look forward to more.

I talked my walking buddy into training for a half marathon. Not sure if we will get it done this year or not but we will keep at it. We walk four miles every weekday. I am also trying to jog every so often just to see how far I can go before I feel like one of my lungs will burst or my heart will fall out of my chest, I can go about a mile and a half. For someone who hasn't ran for years that isn't bad, I hope.

Those are a few of the things I have been up to. My kids are on spring break right now. I love spring break, I get to sleep in! 7:30 or later is a fabulous time to wake up. We are going swimming today and rollerskating on Thursday and in between I am going to force my son to do his scouting (yes I know I shouldn't force him, and that he should do all that scout stuff on his own, I say show me a boy that does scouting all on his own and I will..............probably not believe you). Make Hope get her senior project done before company comes and try hard to get Jackie to hurry and finish some of her Personal Progress and hopefully get her homework done before Saturday :) Doesn't that sound restful and fun :)

6 comments:

Tina said...

Your company is looking forward to coming!!! :)

I'll have to try to walk with you in the mornings . . . if I can make 4 miles!!!

Can't wait to see you again!

Sally Young said...

I am not good at the hero either. I play a guitar left handed and the guitar aeems to hate left handers. Do you guys live in Portland? I lived in Bend before I moved to Delta in high school. I a going to bend in jun eto see my uncle that is dying of canser.

The two old crows said...

Well while you guys walk I'll sleep. Course I don't know where we are all staying yet!!!! Just looking forward to coming.

Emma said...

I'm glad you don't have to force me to do anything at the moment. Not till I get my Personal Progress, but even then you probably won't have to froce me very hard. Well grandma, I hope you stay with us cause then I'll see you more often then I would if you stayed at Uncle Sid's.

Kandi said...

Hi Lora,

I've been playing Guitar Hero for awhile now and I've gotten pretty good on "easy". I've tried moving up to Medium, but I really need practice!

I've also been knitting for a few years, but I'm still on "easy" mode with that, too. I've made lots of hats, some baby booties and am working on my second baby blanket. All of my projects are simple stitches so far, but I'm ok with that. I did just get a pattern for some really cute baby booties, but they take 3 knitting needles and that makes me really nervous, so wish me luck.

Lastly, I've had a really hard time blogging lately too. Maybe it's something in the air. I'm going to try to get on the ball and update my blog in the next few days. I've got lots of photos to post, but just can't think of the words to go with them.

Have a fun remainder of your Spring Break. I'm working, but do have friday off, so hopefully can do something fun with the boys then. Take care!

Stacey said...

Guitar Hero? You'll get off easy even though it doesn't seem like it now. I can do med. on lead with RockBand! You can do it too.

Volleyball rocks. Our gals (multi-ward) play twice a week, Weds/Thurs. I've only played once, showed up twice to have it cancelled because another ward had their B-day dinner setup. I hope to go again once I get all my projects done.

Knitting? Haven't tried. My friend, Donna, taught me how to crochet last October. She's Dallas' mom from the last set of pictures I took. Haven't really made anything yet with it, so you're doing good.

Walking four miles, you go girl! I'm such a lazy bum. I keep thinking that if I just get out and move I'd feel better; hasn't happened yet.

Scouting... haven't worked on that at all. I should push it, but I don't wanna do it. I suppose now is better than later when the teenager-ness doesn't come and go in spurts. D.J. will be a BEAR next week - another book to tackle!

I too haven't really blogged lately, too busy with getting stuff done. I discovered that I can't go to school, church stuff, keep a clean house, school volunteering, volleyball etc and get one thing accomplished, finished all the way. So I took last week and this week to get everything done, then I can go back to all those other things without the nagging guilt that I should be doing this - or should be doing that. Get all that? lol

Maddy's room is 97% finished, my desk is moved in, I'm picking up fabric and paint today for my office. With any luck and a few late-nighters, I should be done this weekend, at least that's my goal.

Anywho, happy spring break! Devin is having a bunch of friends over this afternoon. That should be fun! Too bad it's stormy outside, we had planned on playing tennis and riding the greenbelt.

Who's coming?

~Stacey