Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dancing

Last night the youth, from the three wards that meet in our building, had a combined activity. A couple came from another ward and taught them how to dance.
When I first heard what they were going to do, I was a little concerned because most of the YW in our ward have told me they do NOT want to do anything with dancing.

The man taught them and then he would show them what the dance was supposed to look like with his wife.

He had the YW stand against one wall the YM against another and then he made them tap out the beat of the music and then walk to the beat and then he told the YM how to ask a girl to dance and then he had them do it. It was interesting to see the looks on the YM faces and the YW faces. Looks of shock, surprise, Horror ;). It was great. A bunch of boys and girls ran from the gym. This didn't stop the guy he just went to it and taught them a few things and then had them do it and then he would add music and then after a song he would teach them some more and have them do it. He would have the YM change partners, he told them to never leave a date standing alone, the YM and YW had to walk to another couple and the YM would ask the other YW if they would like to dance. It all went very smoothly I thought. It was great and he really took the time to explain things to the youth. The only thing that was bad was that there were about 10 YM without a girl to dance with, my son included.

He didn't mind ;)

6 comments:

Sally Young said...

We had a activity like that last week. I think that it is a great idea. The youth were freaked out about a dance too. But all went good.

Stacey said...

So funny! If it's any consolation, Devin would have prefered to be "single" as well.

I know they had a Cinderella style dance on; he actually had to dance with whomeve's shoe he pulled out of the mix.

Great activity; one for the file, I'm sure.

~Stacey

King Family said...

We used to love dancing activities. We always had more girls though.

Tina said...

I'll bet he didn't mind!!

Bainter Family Antics said...

Steve and I went to the Stake and did this once, while married. Steve didn't enjoy it half as much as I did. He thought everyone was critiquing him. What they need to realize is that everyone is concentrating so much of trying that no-one notices anyone else.

The two old crows said...

I think that was great. I can remember that every wednesday after our YM YW activity we would dance. We the youth at that time (the olden days) loved it and looked forward to it.