Monday, July 14, 2008

Like Father like Son

Tayler and I had a conversation yesterday and this is how it went:

Me: Tayler your dad is getting ready to work on the van, go help him.
Tayler: What is he doing?
Me: It doesn't matter it is all stuff you need to learn.
Tayler: I am going to pay someone to do all that stuff for me when Iam older, so I don't need to learn anything. (smug smile)
Me: (lots of frown lines) Just go!! George go teach your son something!

George just putting on his coveralls grinning at me.

After the frown lines and the frustration, this picture warms my heart.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Oooohhh, how sweet. Not the snide remark though, (need a cocktail?). Funny how things work out in your head as a kid and how they really turn out as an adult.
Great Father/Son moment!

What happened to your van? I hope everything can be fixed lickity-split without burning up the budget. We're having our own car issues too at the moment. Lots'a fun!

~Stacey

Grandpa Sid said...

Baxter and I have been doing a little of that. COOL Beans

Emma said...

Mom,
I started my blog, come see =)

Tina said...

That picture IS just too cute!!

Ceci said...

i tell my dad that wen he wants me too help him do his outside machinery work. and im glad cuz i dont want to be cutting my finger on a table saw. :(

happy mom said...

look how big he is, I can barely tell who is George and who is tayler!