Monday, September 20, 2010

Highlights summer 2010/ Wilson River and Saddle Mountain

On the way to the coast you can see a river. People are playing in the water and look like they are having so much fun. So I had added floating down the Wilson river to my things I want to do list. Sid called and asked if we would like to go so off we went. The water was so cold but it was hot that day so it made it very enjoyable. It was a nice break from the massive amounts of TV watching and facebooking that had consumed most of my children's summer.





Another thing that has been on my to do list was to hike Saddle Mountain. I didn't want to go alone and sometimes it is hard to get my family to leave the comforts of home (i.e the computer and TV) and go venturing in the great outdoors with me......so I used my Birthday to make them all feel like they needed to say yes when I know deep deep down they all wanted to say no. So the day after my birthday Me, Emma, her friend Hannah, and Tayler went hiking :)
This is us on top of the mountain, we should have been able to see the ocean but alas we didn't. I think we saw the Columbia river and Astoria but there weren't any signs telling us what we were seeing so I am just guessing. It was a beautiful hike, I hear it is spectacular in the spring, so I guess I will have to go back and do this hike again. Next time I will drag the rest of the family along.

1 comment:

The two old crows said...

That sounds like fun!!!!. I used to love to climb.