Sunday, February 24, 2008

AHHHH Mommyhood

This has been a fun experience, or funny for me to watch. Jackie has had to get up at night with her baby and everything. In the video she found out the baby needed it's diaper changed after she tried the bottle first.

I got home from work and she had spent 20 minutes trying to get the baby to burp, she missed out on popcorn and other goodies because she had to get the baby to burp. Maybe that is why I was skinny when my children were little :)

She has to keep a schedule of everything too. So she has had a busy weekend. The funniest part so far was when we were at church everyone did a double take when she walked in with a baby in a car seat :) The baby made it to the closing song in sacrament meeting then he started crying, Jackie was kind of funny and I was just trying to get her to take the diaper bag and go out but she was just trying to get him to be quiet in the chapel, so it was kind of funny and we started laughing and then we notice our chorister (a YW in our ward) was trying really hard not to laugh. Too funny.

It will be so long to Cade at school on Monday. I really won't miss the little crying baby and I know Jackie won't for sure.

7 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh my goodness! I'm sure you got some funny looks and definately lots of laughs. So long Cade!

~Stacey

Jenni said...

Boy, they sure have come a long way from the bags of flour. I hope Abby gets this opportunity when she's older! I hear our parents' are having a fun time down in SoCal together. I'm glad someone can get my dad to get out of the house for some needed R&R. I think I'll be glad for all of John's hobbies once retirement hits.

happy mom said...

I think that is funny, but glad that she got to get a taste of it now, I am guessing they still use flour bags here. so sad, I am glad you are somewhere that has funding for schools!

Kandi said...

I wish I would have checked out your blog before the weekend so I could have called you Grandma Lora! How funny! I wish they would have had these when we were in school, we carried around an egg!

Tina said...

Chancy had to do that project too. For some odd reason, he had signed up for gym and ended up in the child development class. He brought the baby home for a weekend and also helped with the preschool class that the high school provided. Fun, Fun!!!

Judy said...

I think Ashlee has a class that does this. Or maybe she ended up getting out of it. It is called teen living here. Sounds like fun.

Ceci said...

Im sorry but that is really funny! I would have burst out laughing and not be able to stop!