Friday, February 22, 2008

Jackie's Baby

Just so you know, Jackie is writing this post. :)

So one of my classes in school is intro. to child care. While taking the class, you are required to take home a computerized baby to take care of. You could either choose to do it during the weekdays, or weekends (which is what i chose). So i will have the baby until Monday, then i will turn it back in.

Before i signed up for this date to take the baby, i didn't know that track would start up this week. So i ended up taking the baby to track for 2 and 1/2 hours. It cried 3 times and I had to stop what I was doing to go and take care of it. Luckily my friend couldn't do track that day so she would sit by it and tell me if it was crying. I kept hoping that it would cry while we were doing the hard stuff, but it only cried while we were stetching (Darn it :) ).

Below is a picture of the wrist band that i have to wear so that the baby know that it is me taking care of it and nobody else. If anyone tries to take care of it, it will continue to cry. It's water proof and i am not alowed to take it off.

So this is what i am going to be doing over the weekend. Taking care of a robot baby!!! Yay!! lol


I forgot to tell you, it is a he, and his name is Cade. I didn't name him, the teacher did.






3 comments:

The two old crows said...

That sounds like fun. At least you will know what your folks went through with all you when you were babies. Good luck.

happy mom said...

well it will be interesting, but not completely real of fair because some babies can be soothed by someone besides the parent, just not you kids. so I guess it is fair for you! you will have to update and tell us how it went.

Stacey said...

Wow, Cade is a step up from my hard-boiled egg daughter I raised for a week Freshman year! How's motherhood treating you? Does he wake up at night? Do you have to feed and change him? (That's the FUN part!) Good luck. ~Stacey