Thursday, October 2, 2008

TMI

*WARNING* That really does stand for "To Much Information" so if you read further do so at your own mental risk!

At a very young age I succumbed to what I consider one of our societies craziest rituals.

For years I have wondered why I must do this and have hated doing it. I started doing it because of peer pressure, I didn't like being laughed at so I caved. I have considered stopping but because everyone is doing it, I do it also. I feel the need to do this hated, detested ritual three or four times a week. Sometimes said ritual causes me actual pain, but once again everyone is doing it so I must also. I have also found that said ritual doesn't stay in one area, I have had to do this ritual in far to many places.

Some of you may be wondering what is this ritual? Do I do it also? It sounds horrible (it is!). What can I do to help Lora with this horrible thing she must do (sadly there is no help). Why has she kept this a secret (I haven't you all know I do it, and you all do it too)?

I am wrong there is hope, if everyone stops, right now and refuses to do this hated thing then there is hope. How about it America, would anyone want to join me in the fight to stop the removal of unwanted hair. I mean really if Heavenly Father wanted it gone it would be gone, so there must be a reason for it.

So there you have it, I feel much better. I would of course feel better if everyone would agree to my request, but alas I know it will only happen in a dream.

5 comments:

The two old crows said...

rofl. I guess I never worry about the problem. I tried tweezing eyebrows it hurt, so when my beautian said wax them I tried that but that hurt. SOOOOOOO I ignore the problem. I don't have to look at me. :)

Stacey said...

Amen, Sista!! Although, I am reminded of why I remove my unwanted facial hair when I see others who have boldly, and I mean BOLDLY, bucked the trend.

If there was only someway to get it gone without pain, without constant rituals, without drying up your wallet.

~Stacey

King Family said...

Haha.. I haven't shaved my legs in almost a month! I hate shaving tweezing, waxing, etc. I've been wearing pants and thick stockings with skirts when I have to wear them to church. So no one would ever guess.. except Ryan who doesn't even notice. So who cares! Im with you! Although I do keep up with my underarms.. I don't like the French woman's idea on that one!

happy mom said...

sounds like your going down my path of we should all be bald. I don't know I may go for it. I hate it too! and it was all because of peer pressure! but did you try veet yet?

Grandpa Sid said...

I definately do not agree with "Mrs. Doubtfire's bus driver who said: "I like that European look in Women"!

When I was a kid some of the women attended church with "nylon hose" stretched over their "hairy un shaved" legs. The compressed hair looked just like "filthy mouth" Robin Williams' legs in the movie Mrs Doubtfire.

Ladies, PLEASE CONTINUE SHAVING or stop wearing dresses above the ankle, sleeves above the wrist, neck lines below the adams apple and forget about modern bathing suits.

But I am just a grumpy old man who has grown "indifferent" to women.

I like shaving my face everyday as opposed to daily washing and weekly trimming of a beard.

When bearded, dancing Cheek to Cheek with a my wife gives no sensation of closeness, just whiskers. YUCK

Maybe you need to try the new Philips Norelco "floating head" mens shavers. Just a thought.