Friday, January 23, 2009

FOOD for THOUGHT

Sean Hannity interviewed Rush Limbaugh last night about President Obama, and I found what he says to be very thought provoking. The thing I want to touch on was that Rush said that we are past the Historical President stuff and the fact that he is the first Black President, He is now just The President of the United States.

I agree I am tired of all the Hollywood hype, he is not a movie star, he is not "The One" which I find almost blasphemous. He is the President, and he needs to prove himself.

Along the lines of our new President, what is up with him putting Timothy Geithner in charge of the Treasury and the IRS. I am not sure if I want a man that can't even do his own taxes in that position. Also if it is OK to say I didn't pay taxes because I didn't realize I needed to, or it was an "honest" mistake, why shouldn't we all be able to use that mistake or blame it on Turbo Tax.......... GET REAL! We would all be in a lot of trouble, so if the President was in touch with "the people" this would not be happening.

Think about it.

4 comments:

The two old crows said...

Right on Lora.

Tina said...

I love politics . . . and think about that stuff all of the time, it is interesting. I was listening to a talk show yesterday when a caller actually said in certain situations we should ask ourselves What would Obama do? You know kind of like WWJB What would Jesus do? I thought that was the ultimate of blasphemy . . . people are just nuts over this dude they call Obama.

Stacey said...

Totally with you there, Sister! All hype aside, who and what is our new President? I find it very scary that nobody seems to know past the razzle-dazzle and impossible promises made to the masses and yet he is now the leader of our GREAT country.

~Stacey

Syal said...

I agree also. It will be so interesting to see what he is really made of. I love the robot thing. My son would go nuts over something like that. To cool. Also thank you for the heads up about when he passes the sacrament. I am sure it is going to be that happy sad cry. That I sure hope I can hide well.