Saturday, September 13, 2014

Blanche Lake

My sister and some of her friends were going on a hike once a week while I was in Utah.  I really wanted to go so Tayler and I went to Blanche Lake.  Judy had never hiked this one before and Liz had only done part of it so we weren't sure what to expect.  It was truly the most spectacular hike I have ever had the privilege of going on. 
Lora and Tayler

 Around every bend or corner there was just so much beauty.  Usually when I am on a hike the destination is the best part. This hike had meadow and mountains and rocky formations.  I was definitely loving it.
Tayler waiting for me patiently :)


 We had read a little about the hike before we went and I am glad we did.  This rocky area looked like the end of the trail, but we had read that if you go to the right then you will find the path.  We played around on the rocks for a bit and then kept on going.
Lora and Judy


 This hike took us around 3 or so hours to hike up the mountain and about another 2 and some coming down. I was definitely slower than Tayler, I think he must be part mountain goat or something but I loved every second of it and would most definitely do it again.
 Look at that!!  It looks fake almost.  Like it was photo shopped in or something. When I am in nature I feel like Heavenly Father is feeding my soul. It lifts me up and makes me feel so much better about everything.  We are so blessed to be surrounded by beautiful areas and beautiful people!  He really does want us to be happy and to find joy.
Judy, Liz, Tayler and Lora

 Cute little flower growing out of a rock. Such and amazing little miracle :)
Judy and Lora
 I just love my sister!  It was a great way to spend the day :)  I hope to have the opportunity to go on many many more adventures with my family :)

2 comments:

The two old crows said...

Beautiful. Looks like it was worth the 5 hours spent.

Jackie said...

That hike looks amazing! Glad you guys went and enjoyed it :)