Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Celery

I found out something very exciting!! If you are like me and you like celery in your foods but you rarely buy it unless you can use it all up in two days because you soooo hate to see that limp yucky celery in your vegetable draw, all you have to do is wrap you celery in...... are you ready...... ALUMINUM FOIL!!! Can you believe it!! I have been doing this for a while now and a stalk of celery can last for months!! You buy it, wrap it, and when you need one, pull one off wash it and use it. I experimented with green onions, and it seems to work very well also! I thought that was very exciting. What can I say I am easily amused :)

3 comments:

The two old crows said...

I'll have to try the Aluminum foil. Celery, green onions and lettuce are hard to keep here.

Stacey said...

Hmm, never heard of that one but after trying to chop squiggly celery when I made lagasna, I'll give it a go.

Dang, I'm out of foil. Need to do some serious grocery shopping!

Thanks for the tip,

~Stacey

Janille said...

Very interesting. Thanks for the tip. I actually just threw out a whole stock today. I will for sure try that next time!

Thanks!