Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers Day weekend

Saturday we went on Hike number 4. Two more to go, and I have to say we are all so sore I really am not looking forward to the next one. I really love to hike though so we will make it through and then we will not have a limit to our activities. :) We went to Cannon beach (our favorite beach) and headed south. The tide was too high to go as far south as we wanted to go so we had to do more of our hike north of haystack rock. Emma was doing a lot of beach combing, she found three sand dollars and some sea glass. No matter how often we go to the beach we love finding all the goodies just waiting there for us :)
Tayler and Rocky just checking things out.
George, Tayler, Lora hiking away. Emma must be beach combing in this picture and photos are courtesy of Hope.
Haystack rock.
This eagle was fascinating, not scared of humans at all. I have never seen an eagle this close before, only in pictures, so I thought this was pretty cool.
I wonder if he thought Rocky looked tasty :) Or if he found us annoying, just looking at him. Maybe he thought we were as fascinating as we thought he was?
This is where we wanted to hike, but the tide was too high. I really don't understand the tide charts, I will have to work on that. It was still a really pretty day and hike.
We ended the hike by eating at our favorite restaurant. Emma and I had a bowl of clam chowder and George had a captains platter with lots of salmon, clams, halibut and prawns. Tayler had some fettuccine and Hope had a pulled pork sandwich. Jackie had spent the night at a friends house so she missed out on the hike and the "Father's day" dinner. It is so hard to get our family together for activities any more. Everyone is going ten different directions it seems, so we better enjoy the times we have.
Today we of course went to church and since we don't go until 2 that is pretty much our day. George did whatever he wanted since it is Father's day and all :) A nap and food :) The Young Women put some boutonnieres together for the fathers, they looked very nice.
Happy Father's Day George, I love you and I am so glad we have each other. You are definitely my better half. I loved in sacrament meeting how Brother Heyen said in the Lords eyes marriage is 1+1=1. You are my number 1.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm so jealous... the beach, Cannon Beach. The waves, the sand, the smell. I can only dream! Sounds like an awesome Fathers Day and that includes dinner too! Yummy!!

Very sweet, Lora. I suppose I missed out on a great talk by Bro. Heyen.

~Stacey

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so beautiful! I can't believe that eagle! Thanks for sharing these hikes with us! Saturdays have turned into my adventure days too. I've started training for a marathon and Saturdays are my big run days. (I'm up to 7 miles). I'm LOVING it! I hope George had a great Father's Day!

Becky said...

looks like you guys had fun! I know there is a lot of hiking to do in Utah but I rarely do it as I don't have anyone to go with. I am not one to go off on my own for those types of things...I am too scared of lions and tigers and bears...oh my! hehe
good luck on the next few hikes!

The two old crows said...

Beautiful pictures. Here they do something different for father's day. The young women serve the men of the ward Cheesecake during general priesthood sesson before they dismiss for class.

Ceci said...

since i served the fathers cheese cake we got 2 slices. hehe. i mean we will be future wifes to the fathers right???

The beach sounds fun. it looks cold. lol. fun. i wish i could be there with you guys. i miss you all!

Judy said...

Very nice pictures and of course it is wonderful that you are all doing the hikes. I'm not sure that would happen at our house. In fact I know it wouldn't Marc has to go by himself mostly. I'm jealous that Noreen is coming to visit. Maybe I'll make it again sometime. Happy Fathers day to George and of course your comments are nice. I should show my appreciation a little more Love ya