Friday, June 6, 2008

Outdoor school

Tayler will be coming home today. He has been away to outdoor school. He and all of his classmates went on a bus to some forest, and they live in a cabin for three days and two nights and learn about the forests and the animals and how to enjoy nature. It has rained the whole time he has been gone, so I am expecting a wet, stinky, dirty boy to get off the bus this afternoon. I sure hope he has had a good time. I have missed him. Home just doesn't feel the same when someone is away.

5 comments:

Ceci said...

wow thats a long time for a school feild trip thing! i havent even been on an over night trip with school! Thats kind of funny they learn about nature.was that the trip you were telling us about when we were in oregon? something about jackie hugging a tree??

Judy said...

I sure hope he has had a good time as well. You know camping is so much fun when it rains the whole time. We go to girls camp next week and it is supposed to be cold and rainy at least until Thursday. Love you all.

young family said...

Ceci,

It is the camp were Hope hugged a tree. Tayler said they only had to hug the sequoia trees when they saw one :) To funny huh. Hope actually had to memorize her tree and then be able to find it. What can we say, they teach our children to be tree huggers at a young age. He actually learned a lot of cool fun things. Oh no, am I becoming a tree hugger too? :)

Kandi said...

Ohhh, I loved Outdoor School! I don't remember all the particular activities, but I do remember that it was rainy and muddy the whole time, but I was with all my friends! I guess that's probably the norm for outdoor school in the Northwest. I hope he had fun!!

Stacey said...

Outdoor School? Never heard of it but it sounds like a great activity for the kids! I'm slightly... no, very jealous even with it being rainy.

Hope you had a AWESOME time at O.S. Tayler!!

~Stacey