Saturday, June 28, 2008

Girls Camp

Hope and Jackie came home from girl's camp on Friday. I just realized I have been doing this blog for one year now, wow time flies.These are their cabins, they were really close together. Very clean, the girls loved this camp better than last years. I still smile when they tell me how "rough" things are, actually this year they only complained about the hike, so maybe they realize how nice they have it.


This gazebo was very pretty, and the lake was a fishing pond. It was really pretty.
This is the cafeteria, open 24/7, another smile or two over that. These girls are really spoiled!!



The hike they went on was close to Multnomah falls, I can't remember the name of these falls, some indian name. I guess it was pretty steep, so they were all sore. What a beautiful hike though.


The fourth years cooked pizza in this brick oven. I guess this was part of their certification :) I just think it is funny, I remember cooking hotdogs with yucky bisquick stuff smeared on it so that we could certify :) I think I would like to cook pizza instead.


7 comments:

Tina said...

Oh Yeah!! They are REALLY roughing it! We didn't even have a toilet. It was a hole we dug ourselves, surrounded by a tarp, and toilet paper hung from somebody's lashing project. The only rule was to shovel dirt into the hole after using it!!! WHAT FUN!!! They are still probably doing that in West Millard County!
Glad you all had fun.

The two old crows said...

Reminds me of going to Brighton for girls camp and then one year we went to Moon Lake and stayed in cabins. But I think this camp was cleaner than ours. One year we camped above Heber City and slept in Tents that was fun.

Anonymous said...

Wow, they do have things rough! Those cabins but my army tents to shame. That is so pretty there I can't get over it.

Baxter said...

I went up mutnomah falls when we were traveling from OR to UT on our vacation. It was a little steep, but it wasn't that long. I'll have to say it was 10 min. faster walking down than up though. I thought the falls were cool and I got to stand on a gazebo thing right over the drop. It was awesome.

Ceci said...

you girls ARE spoiled. i slept in a tent on an air mattress. my tent was cramped with 5 girls in a 4 person tent!!!!! we made our own food on a grill we had to bring from home. we did have toilet and showers. we were camping. you girls were not. lol.

Bainter Family Antics said...

I think I wouldn't mind visiting this resort. You didn't say though whether they received facials and manicures while there. I have never had either but would come if they were included in the camp fees. Just kiddin--we are just all jealous that's all.

Stacey said...

That was this years girls' camp? No way!! I looks fab! Roughing it is more like what our girls did. The cabins looked like a concentration camp.

How beautiful, all the green - the waterfalls. Completely jealous as usual.

~Stacey