Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 36 & 37: New Jersey and New York

Sunday Tayler woke up feeling really yucky.  I am surprised this is the first time anyone has been feeling so sick that it wasn't possible to go out sightseeing.  So Tayler and I stayed in New Jersey while Hope and Emma went into New York.  It was a little nerve racking for me to let my two girls go into that gigantic city without me (I like to think I could save them) but they did and had a really good time.  
 Monday just happened to be my Birthday!!  Yay and Tayler woke up feeling fine so off we went to New York.  We caught this bus line.  We were able to ride on land and catch a water taxi also.
These sprinklers were watering the pavement for hours.  I thought that was interesting

Water Taxi
 We rode the bus down to the River and got on a Water Taxi and rode it to Ground Zero.
The only tree that survived the 9 11 attack 

 There are two pools, one for each tower.  Around the edge the names of all the victims from that day are inscribed into bronze.  It is a very touching memorial.  I am glad we made the effort to go.
Hope at ground zero

 We went to the visitor center next.  I kind of felt bad that I got excited to see this bike.  I watch American Chopper and I watched Paul Jr. build this bike, so I wanted a picture.  Hopefully that wasn't disrespectful.
Empire State Building


 The water taxi went out by The Statue of Liberty.   It was really neat to see.  I did think it would be way bigger though :)  It feels so weird to think where I am.  What I have seen and what I have been up to.   I almost feel like I will wake up and realize that non of this was real.

How weird is this.  Crowds of people everywhere and then a horse :)  New York has been such a great experience.  I have found that with this many people everywhere you kind of have to be slow and steady.  Rushing around would accomplish nothing.  We enjoyed what we could and took our time and I think that is the key to a good time in New York.

2 comments:

The two old crows said...

I looks fun and I'm glad Tayler is feeling better.

Tina said...

See what I mean Lora? Everything in DC was bigger than I expected it to be . . . . and everything in New York was smaller!!! lol!