Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 43& 44: Driving, Driving, Driving and Mt. Rushmore

 Sunday we drove all day long.  I really missed how close all of our destinations were on the East Coast.  Monday we went to Mt. Rushmore!  I have always wanted to go here.  It is something I would say was on my bucket list if I had one :)  So I don't need to write it down when I make my list :)  It was pretty cool to see.  Very memorable.

Emma, Tayler and Hope

 This mountain goat was inside a fenced area when we first saw it, well I guess it didn't want to stay there.  I thought it was funny to see it walking through all the tourist like it was no big deal.  I guess to it, it probably wasn't a big deal.
 We also went to the Crazy Horse monument.  I didn't know it wasn't finished, it was kind of a let down.  Now when they finish it, that will be cool.  The story was interesting and it is huge, I guess all of Mt. Rushmore could fit inside the head area of the Crazy horse monument.  So that is cool, maybe I will go back when they finish.  I think Emma said I would be 105 by then, maybe we will go together in a few years ;)

1 comment:

The two old crows said...

Your pictures are so cool. wish we had gone there when we lived in the West.