Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 42: Kirtland and Chicago

We started the day off with breakfast with some of Ryley's family.  His Uncle and Aunt and Cousin are so nice.  We really enjoyed our time with them.  We headed to Kirtland Ohio.  I thought it would be cool to see the Kirtland temple even though our church doesn't own it anymore.  It was interesting to see but it was like looking at any other old building around the area.  Absolutely zero spirit there.  I was sad that we had gone to Palmyra first.  I missed the spirit I felt there at the sacred grove and on the temple grounds.
 From Kirtland we zoomed across the states and headed to Chicago.  We knew we weren't staying here long so we didn't do much.  We saw the skyline though.  Hope was telling me what she knew of the Sears tower.  Sounds scary, it was cool to see though.

No comments: