Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Our new house

So here is the after shots and a picture of Hope and Jackie's "Dungeon". Obviously the basement is not done. I would like you to focus your attention on the beautiful floors that George and I and the kids have been slaving away over in our evenings and every spare second so that we could move here and be settled in before school started today. Now that you have focused your attention on the floors, picture a nice color of paint on the walls, and pretty paintings and decorations all around. Now that you have pictured all of that, you can see why I moved here. Right??????








5 comments:

Stacey said...

Awesome!!! I really LOVE, and not in a sarcastic way, the new floors- they're beautiful! Are those 3" slats... did you have to install every single slat? Holy Cow!! They look terrific! So when are you holding a sock-skating party? Don't worry about the dungeon room, just think of it as a clear palette, the room with the most potential. Oh, *sniff* wish I was there. *sniff*

young family said...

I kind of hate to tell you that it is a laminate floor. But it does look pretty darn good if I say so myself. Did you notice the orange walls? I will have to get the decorations up and the curtains and it will be one room done, many to go.

happy mom said...

Okay so has the dungeon room had any progress? that is a dungeon. I love, love, love the floors, but have no idea how you should set up the furniture. It all gets a little confusing. Do you have two fireplaces? is the room with the tv the one that you wanted help with? I am so confused. I love the floors, who has the cute orange walls? I love that room.

Rachel said...

I once had a dungeon room...oh the memories. :) And your floors are beautiful. Looks like you've been extremely buys. No wonder the happiness over school starting again. Although, my mom practically threw parties every year when we all went back to school.

young family said...

Lets see, no we haven't done one thing with the dungeon yet. The orange room is Jackie and Emma, until we move Jackie to the dungeon. Yes we have two fireplaces, and I don't know how to decorate. I will do it when I am not so crazy busy. I think I should throw a big huge party one of these years :) I love this blog thing, its so fun to keep in touch.