Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Our new house (before)

Ok, I haven't blogged for a while because???? Well because life is full of lots of things to do and not enough time to do it all, right?????

We got the keys to our new house on August 2nd 2007. It took us a little time to decide what we wanted to do??? Move in and fix later or rip out the carpet and do the flooring now. Well we ripped out the carpet and got the bedrooms done and the living and family rooms. We still have the kitchen and the halls to do and then we can work on other things like lighting and counter tops and stuff like that. I told myself a long time ago that I never wanted to live in a unfinished house ever again. Believe me I don't want to live in a unfinished house its just that this house had a lot of things we have been looking for......... so look out never ending projects, here we come.


























5 comments:

Stacey said...

Okay... so glad that you personally took me on a 'tour' of your house while I was there, otherwise instead of being completely lost, I can pretend I know where I'm going. Oh, LOVE the burnt orange carpet, very 1960's.

happy mom said...

Ooooh, I like it. but I am glad that you changed or are changing the flooring. was the steps up to the tub your master bath and then the master bed, had that sliding glass door?

Rachel said...

It looks like a great house, but when you said the house had many things you were looking for, did you mean the orange & blue bathroom countertops? he he. just kidding.

young family said...

Don't you just love the countertops :) I feel like I have gone back in time a bit, makes me feel young :) Yes the master has a sliding door out onto a balcony, the master has a soaker tub, and the carpet did go all around the tub, Yuck. So we will fix it someday. I feel like I live at the cabin, so I love it.

Grandpa Sid said...

So, How about some pix of the outside Lora, it looks fun.