Monday, December 29, 2008

Church

We went to church for the first time in THREE weeks. It felt so good to be around our ward family and of course since it is Christmas there were lots of visitors and more cheer than normal. I am so thankful for melting snow and warmer tempatures.

One of our speakers touched on something I had never thought of before. He was talking about his father and how his father always said that being out in nature is as close to God as he needed. The speaker said he never knew what to say to him but over the years he has compiled some talks from the General Authorities, and one of the talks that he quoted from said that if we come to church and we partake of the sacrament without the right spirit that we are basicly offering up to our Heavenly Father the wrong offering (talking about Cain). We need to be in church on sunday and we need to partake of the sacrament in the right way, we shouldn't just eat a piece of bread and drink a little cup of water. We all of course know that but I had never thought of it as offering up the wrong sacrafice.

I am not good at getting the point across, I am writing this so that I will remember it and since I speak "Lora" I will know what I am talking about ;)

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I think you got your point across just fine! Don't worry about!!

Huh? Cain like... I'm not sure I like that analogy. I fully admit that when I'm wrestling with the younger Farmers, I'm not always in the right frame of mind. But Cain??? Maybe I should just let them go crazy and I'll tune them out. lol

It's nice to have a little "church" break, but always better to go again.

~Stacey

Natti said...

Do you just love when someones talk or testamony hits you like that and makes you think or see something in a different way?! I love when I am able to feel the spirit so strongly by just listening to someone talk. I love our Heavenly Father and the many blessings we are all able to receive. He works in the best of ways.

Hope you and the family had a great Christmas!

happy mom said...

I think I can speak lora too, thanks for the inspiring words!

So sorry I keep not talking to you since Christmas, but I called today! Yay! I love you and miss you. I did a little google Earthing and I have found your homes! well the last one doesn't have a camera right in front of it for some reason, but I got pretty close. Funs stuff, just made me want to come and visit! It could happen someday! Happy New Year.

Rachel said...

I must speak "Lora" too, because I totally understood. :)

The two old crows said...

I must speak Lora too because I also know what you were saying. We were talking about this in the gospel priciples class yesterday. I think it something we really don't think or understand like we should.