Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 12,13 and 14: Disney World

We are headed to Magic Kingdom today, we bought these cute shirts yesterday at Universal Studios.  We got lot's of laughs and attention.  I did like all the  kids in matching colors, even though they are older and I don't have to worry about losing them, it sure made it easy to stick together.
Hope, Lora, Tayler, and Emma 

 I wanted to make sure we rode the Pirate's of the Caribbean first since we had missed out on riding it at Disneyland.  It was cute, way different though.  We were on the go all day, I was exhausted.  It was so much fun!  It did end up pouring rain, we were walking through water mid calf.  It was crazy!  Even though we are Oregonians, we really don't like being wet that much.
 Day 13:  Animal Kingdom.  We headed straight to Africa to fast pass the Safari.  Didn't need to though the  lines weren't too bad.  It was very cool.  Much better than I expected.  Animals everywhere.



 This giraffe was so close to our truck that Hope could have easily put her hand out and petted it.  I don't think she would have had to reach at all, just put her arm out.  I thought that was cool.  I have never been on that close to a giraffe before without a barrier of some sort.  I really liked this ride.
 After the safari and we were walking to our next ride, there was this silver backed gorilla.  Actually there were three of them and there was a mote between us but still pretty cool.
Expedition Everest was pretty fun, lot's of unexpected things like the coaster going backwards and stuff.  I actually enjoyed all the Yeti info before the ride. I like that we were kept entertained with something instead of just standing in boring lines.
 I had to talk Tayler and Emma into the bird show, but it ended up being very interesting and lot's of fun.  Birds I had never seen before and a cute show to boot.  This Bald Eagle is named Hope,  I liked that.  The Bald Eagle is no longer on the endangered animal list, I didn't know that.  
Day 14: Disney Epcot
Today is Tayler's Birthday!  He wasn't totally happy with the Epcot center, but since he has had two weeks of playing I think it was a good birthday.

Today is also the anniversary of Ryley's death.  Hope is such a trooper, she went on rides and shows all day.  My heart aches for her.  I know she is hurting but she is doing well and I hope this trip is doing for her what she wanted it to do.  Just knowing why we are on this trip and what has made it possible is very humbling.  There really are just no words for this.  Love you Hope!


1 comment:

Tina said...

I'va been thinking a lot about Hope, and the days before and after what transpired last year. I hope she can find the strength to let go and live for herself in the future.