Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 17: Sea World

We got up bright and early, checked out and of our hotel and headed to Sea World.  At 9 it was a balmy 85 and rising.  We went right to the Dolphin show.  It was great.  Lot's of action.  Almost too much going on.  I did enjoy it though.


 After the Dolphins we went to the Sea Turtle show.  We walked past these giant walls where we could see the fish and Turtle's then we went into a room with  360 3D movie.  It was interesting.  Showed the life of a turtle from hatching to grown. 


 Killer Whale's :)  I have a tough time liking these guys after watching episodes of planet earth.  They are the big bullies of the sea as far as I'm concerned, but they do put on an impressive show.

 This guy entertained us as we waited for the Clyde and Seamore show to start.  I was glad he was there it made it easier to handle the heat.  The show was cute, lot's of cute things.  After the show we were discussing what we wanted to do next.  There were some rides at Sea World and they looked fun but I was feeling nauseaus by the end of the show so I said I didn't want to ride the rides.  Tayler and Emma both said they weren't feeling well either and Hope said she was done.  It was 98 with 73 % humidity.  I guess that is more than any of us can handle.

 So we headed off to Savannah Georgia, I have always wanted to go here.  Not sure why other than it just sounds cool.  On our way we drove through a huge storm.  The thunder and lightening was right over our car.  We had to turn on our hazards so we were visible.  Crazy, and I know for a fact that they can get worse than this.  Makes for some fun driving.  We made it to Savannah and had a relaxing evening.  Looking forward to a little sight seeing in the morning.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I've learned that when driving through a storm like this you can see better with polarized sun glasses on. It seems weird to wear sun glasses, but the polarization of them makes things more visable!

Too bad it was so hot for you. The heat really zaps the strength out of a person. The shows are so fun!