Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 6: Six flags over Texas

We started the day off at IHOP.  Yummy!  We meet up with a Gold Star family.  It was good to hear Hope and the Mother talk about their loved ones but it does bring many tears.  Brave brave women and families that carry on.  The lady said she keeps a drawer with her smiles in them all over her house and at work and when she doesn't feel like smiling she finds a drawer opens it and plasters that smile on.  She was sweet and her family was very nice, I'm glad I was able to meet her.

We went to Six flags, can I just say uuuummm hello heat.  I am really surprised we didn't pass out.  We went on a few rides and would have done more but Emma was getting sick and then Tayler and Hope looked like she was just barely enduring so we decided it wasn't worth passing out or getting heat exhaustion for rides so we left.  Before we left though we rode some amazing rides.  We rode the Titan, it is described as the tallest ride in Texas, towering 25 stories high.  When we got off of it, Tayler said is it bad that I saw black, and Emma said no because I did too, which is funny because I had too and thought to myself wow I must be too old for roller coasters :)  Glad to hear I can keep riding them.  That was the one we all liked the best though. Too bad it had to be so hot, but we had fun and enjoyed our time.


1 comment:

Tina said...

Man, if people are blacking out on that coaster it doesn't seem healthy! YIKES! It has been a hot one this year . . . . it wears a person out for sure.