Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day 26: Mechanicsville, Maryland

We made it Maryland!  We are staying with family while we are here.  It feels so good to be surrounded by familiar faces.  We love our family and miss them all dearly.  Makes me a little teary eyed typing this.  We ate lunch and visited and Grandma asked if there was anything we would like to do.  The kids didn't say anything so I said I would like to see an  Amish buggy.  So off we went to the farmers market and low and behold, Amish.
 It is a little weird to go from the mock world of colonial Williamsburg to the REAL world of Maryland but I still thought it was cool.   I wonder what it would be like to live an Amish life in the modern world.

 I would probably be like these boys.  Do you think they think we look as out of place as they do?
 I know for a fact I wouldn't want to have anything to do with driving farm machinery down a road with cars whizzing by me and my horses.  Yeah I think I will quit wondering about it and just let the Amish be Amish and I will be me.

2 comments:

The two old crows said...

I'm glad we had our farm equipment to farm with. I know that people hated to get behind swathers and combines also. What would they do with a horse and buggy. Great pictures.

Tina said...

You were lucky to see that much in one day of the Amish!