Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 21: New Bern

We went to New Bern today, the birthplace of Pepsi.  We thought it was pretty funny that Tayler wore his Coke shirt.  The shirt I'm holding says Friends don't let friends drink coke....funny right ;)  Oh yeah we had a  Pepsi floats, so yummy!  I feel in love with Pepsi floats when I was in middle school.

 The recipe for Pepsi, if I ever get a hankerin' to make some on my own haha
 We walked across the street to this old church, these head stones where all over around the church, no rhyme or reason to them.  It was a little different.  There was even a  play ground to the side of some of the tombstones, and this lady just pushed her stroller right over the top of one of the headstones.....I'm always amazed.  It just felt weird and wrong to me.  I saw this headstone and need to see if we had any Cheney relatives in North Carolina.  67 in 1791, that is impressive.

 On our way to the Pepsi place we drove past Tryon Palace, it looked cool so we decided to go on a tour.  It was interesting, we couldn't take pictures inside though.  This was a place that George Washington visited, so that was cool.

Garden at Tryon Palace
 We went to the kitchen area after the main palace, these are the quarters of some of the servants.  It was interesting to see and was fun to imagine what it must have been like to have George Washington visit there.   

No comments: